Definitions and interpretation
Data: Collectively all information that you submit to Mirrakoi SA via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies: A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws: Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective;
GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Mirrakoi SA, we or us: Mirrakoi SA, a company incorporated in Switzerland, with registered number UID CHE-361.911.808, whose registered office is at EPFL Innovation Park, Building C, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland;
User or you: Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Mirrakoi SA and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Mirrakoi SA and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: The website that you are currently using, https://mirrakoi.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Mirrakoi SA is the “data controller”. This means that Mirrakoi SA determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- date of birth;
- profession or industrial sector;
- contact information such as e-mail addresses and/or telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as country of residence, postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP addresses;
How we collect Data
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Mirrakoi SA will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, by e-mail or any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
- we use Google Analytics in order to improve our service, user experience and analyze how the website is used. Aside from the approximate location (IP address), the information collected by Google Analytics is mostly anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information, language.
We do not collect bank details or information related to credit card usage.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- improvement of our products/services;
- transmission by e-mail of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using e-mail, telephone or mail. Such information may be used to customize or update the Website;
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (c.f., section “Your rights” below).
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we will need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- a soft-opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contacted us to ask us for more details about a particular product or service, and we are marketing similar products or services). Under “soft-opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take a positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we will provide.
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw your consent any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, cf. section “Your rights” below.
Whether you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and or professional advisors;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data to improve our products and services to better serve you;
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name (or e-mail address) that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
Technical and organizational measure include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorized access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access: the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct: the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data: the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability: The right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object: The right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed id your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Mirrakoi SA to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
The Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around on our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are easily finding what they are looking for.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personal settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver for that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Switzerland. All disputes arising under this Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Swiss courts.
You may contact Mirrakoi SA by e-mail at email@example.com.